Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Baseball in January...

Our students have been doing a marvelous job over the course of the past few weeks. We have officially completed our basketball unit and we saw great improvement across the board. More specifically, I noticed that our intermediate grades did a tremendous job working on their shooting skills. They took many of the cues that I spoke about in class and used them during our practice times. I saw some amazing progress. Today we are in the middle of one of the student's favorite units, throwing. Last week we worked primarily on accuracy using the underhand throw. This week we challenge ourselves with the overhand throw and work on our power and distance. Our kids sure love to throw...doesn't matter what the object is.

A big thank you needs to go out to one of our readers. She noticed that our listing for little league was for Richmond Little League, but that students from our side of the district actually play through North King County Little League, www.NKCLL.org. She also told me, "Sign ups have just started for the 2009 season. They will run through the end of January. February is tryouts for ages 9-14, and practices will start at the first of March. Please encourage all your kids to sign up as the league offers programs for ages 5 - 14, baseball, softball, t-ball, and also challenger for kids with disabilities." Thanks for the information!

Please let me know if I can add anything new to the blog or to our newsletter.

Sincerely,

Allyn Woods

2 comments:

SarahG said...

I like your blog. I just started my own blog for my PE classes and I am researching different things I can try with my blog. You have some nice ideas! I will be reading to see what's up in your classes.

SarahG said...

p.s. you can check out my blog at
http://whatshappeninginmrsgriffinspeclasses.blogspot.com/